Monday, July 11, 2011

Colorado: Day 2

After sleeping for a whopping 3 hours while staying in Gunnison with the field campers, I left bright and early Saturday morning and headed east across the state.  As I was driving through Buena Vista, I stopped on a whim at one of the many whitewater rafting outfitters.  They had a spot for me for the afternoon's rafting trip down Brown's Canyon, but I had an hour or so to kill beforehand, so they recommended the Eddyline Brewpub for lunch.  Let me just say-- if you're ever in Buena Vista, you should go.  They have absolutely delicious pizza and beer, and the outdoor patio has a fantastic view of the mountains.  I unfortunately don't have any photos from the rafting, but it was awesome!

That evening I stayed in Golden with my step-cousin Rachel.  I hadn't seen her in about five years, and we had the best time catching up and talking about all the exciting things going on in our lives right now.


We enjoyed a bit of wine over the course of the evening, so I slept in late this morning before making the long drive on I-70 across Kansas.  It's just...so...flat.  But I made it safely to Kansas City, where I'm spending the night with my boyfriend's sister before making the final drive home to Kentucky tomorrow.  Hard to believe, but my adventure is nearly over!  Look for a wrap-up post in the next couple of days...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We hope you have a nice, safe trip back to Kentucky. You have had quite an adventure.
.....Larry D.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful that you were able to catch up with Rachel Lynn. Safe travels home!!! Judy