Sunday, July 3, 2011

Portland

I arrived in Portland Friday night and stayed with my brother's friend Stacey.  Friday night she took me to a blues festival that was going on near the waterfront.  I think we listened to the Robert Cray Band?  Apparently the festival was a big deal and there were a lot of famous blues performers, but neither of us knew much about it.  Regardless, we enjoyed the music and drinks.  The next morning we toured the Saturday Market, a huge local arts and crafts fair that happens every weekend during the summer.  I had a great time and it was a great way to get a feel for the city in the short amount of time I had.  And what a retro feel it has!

Here is the one photo I took while in Portland:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing wonderful trip, once again thanks for sharing it with us! Judy (safe travels dear girl)

Anonymous said...

Oh also, how many miles has it been thus far? Happy 4th!!!!!!!
jh

Sally said...

Are you kidding me!?? I LOVE Robert Cray! Aaarrgh!

Anonymous said...

Spend a night in Tillamook years ago and recall a wonderful meal that evening in a local place that had spectacular homemade pies. Loved the Portland coast. Aunt Jeanne

Rach said...

Judy, I can't remember the exact mileage, but I think I'm around 7000 miles at this point!